These are the major dates that affect the school calendar. All non-emergency school closings are noted. In addition, there are minor events not listed here, such as field trips, visiting artists, and celebrations during school hours. These latter events will be posted at the school as they are scheduled.
For your planning convenience, we do not adjust our calendar for days lost to inclement weather. Our calendar is intentionally longer than that of most Kentucky schools, since we do not take “professional days,” “in-service days,” or other teacher-only days.
We may choose to use holidays such as Martin Luther King Day and Presidents’ Day to make up days missed to keep our students in a routine. The results are a calendar you can rely on not to change and spoil your plans, and more days on average spent educating your children. Our policy has always been to consider travel safety (for kids and for staff) and simplicity; our experience has evolved into our present policy for closing school during inclement weather:
- These announcements are made by email, Facebook and on local television channels in early morning and often the night before. This means that we will occasionally be closed “unnecessarily,” but it saves us trying to second guess the weatherman, and it honors those parents and staff who might otherwise have to travel hazardous roads.
- If you don’t feel safe driving, stay home. We’d rather you be cautious than risk yourself and your kids. But call us so we don’t worry about you.
Our calendar is a traditional one, not “year round” — our dates are quite similar to the dates of the Daviess County Public Schools.
- Eight weeks, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., usually the four full weeks of June plus the first four weeks in July. If July 4th falls on a weekday, we close in honor of Independence Day.
- Begins mid-August. Standard holidays as follows:
- September – Labor Day
- October – Columbus Day
- October – Fall Break
- November – Thanksgiving
- December – Christmas
- January – New Year’s Day
- January – Martin Luther King day
- February – Presidents’ Day
- March/April – Good Friday & Spring Break
- May – school ends in mid-May
2020-2021 Calendar: Download
Friday, Good Friday, School Closed
|10||Monday, Preschool Orientation|
|12||Wednesday, First Day of School|
|7||Monday Labor Day, School Closed|
|5-9||Monday-Friday, Fall Break Begins, School resumes Oct. 12th|
|2||Monday, Teacher in Service – School Closed|
|3||Tuesday, Parent – Teacher Conferences, School Closed|
|24||Tuesday, Thanksgiving Feast – Students prepare food for the feast!|
|25-27||Wednesday-Friday, Thanksgiving Break|
|17||Thursday, Christmas Program, 6:00p.m. Blessed Mother Parish Hall (Students should be there between 5:30-5:45)|
|18||Friday, Christmas Party, All students wear their new t-shirts given at the Christmas Program.|
|21-Jan 4||Thursday, Christmas Break Begins|
|5||Tuesday, School Resumes|
|18||Monday, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, School Closed (May be used as possible make-up day)|
|15||Monday, President’s Day, School Closed (May be used as possible make-up day)|
|2||Friday, Good Friday, School Closed|
|16||Friday, Grandparents Day – optional early dismissal|
|23||Friday, Parent – Teacher Conferences, School Closed|
|19||Wednesday, Last Day of School / Students are dismissed at 1:00p.m.|
|TBA||Monday, First Day of Summer Camp|